Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm in London!!!

As of right this second, I am sitting in our hotel room looking out the window at the tall buildings on the horizon, the lights from London Tower Bridge spilling onto the River Thames. I am finally back home!! And if that's not enough, my brother is sitting here next to me, almost like we were never apart.

We've been here in London since Friday morning. The first thing we did was pick up my brother from the children's home. That was pretty much the best moment of my life. And, while we were there, I got to see my best friend Nellie again! It was great to see her, and she wanted to hear all about life in the USA. I didn't even know where to begin.
On Saturday, we went to gymnastics and diving events. It was so much fun watching all the athletes. I love the Olympics because it's almost like the whole world comes together for a couple of weeks, although there is one corner of the world my brother and I rooting for especially. ;)



The next day, Sunday, we watched a bike race early in the morning before going to Buckingham Palace. That place is breathtaking! We watched the Changing of the Guards, which was nothing new for William and me, but the other kids were fascinated. Justin and Sean have been marching around "guarding" our hotel room ever since. That night we watched some Olympic fencing, and I should have known it would give the boys all kinds of ideas......

We've seen Big Ben, the Natural History Museum, Westminster Abbey, and the London Eye. I'm terrified of heights, and I thought the London Eye would help me conquer that, but it freaked me out even more!! It was very fun seeing all of London at once, though. I know my way around here pretty well so my dad made me the official tour guide. :) It was fun pointing out all the places I used to visit frequently.

Tomorrow is Holly's 1st birthday, so we're going to celebrate it somehow. I remember how excited I was when she was born. She's the most like a biological sibling to me, except, of course, for William. Oh and speaking of William, I've been telling him all about America and what to expect. He says he is eager to experience life in America but is sad to leave the only home he's ever known. That little kid always did talk fancy.
Anyway, that's what we've been doing! We will reuturn home on Friday, and I think coming back to America will feel more like coming home then I could have ever imagined. I guess home is wherever my family is, you know? 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Samantha! Thank you SO much for leaving a comment on my blog, Benny not Bethany. I hope you check back offten as I will yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're so welcome, Benny!!! I always love making new friends! I am looking forward to keeping up with each other's blogs!

      Delete