Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mackynzie

Remember when I told you about the mean girl in my class, Mackynzie? Well my friend Sophie suggested that I invite her over, and my parents suggested the same thing. Sometimes the best way to get someone to stop being mean is to do something nice unexpectedly. So, last weekend I invited her over.
It ended up not being an ideal day because it was really cold and rainy so all my rambunctious siblings were stuck in the house. Mackynzie looked kind of uncertain, like she wasn't sure what to expect, so I offered to give her a tour of our house.
 
She actually seemed impressed by our large bedroom.
We sat down to play with Molly's iPad. Mackynzie said she already had one of her own, but I showed her some of our pictures we've taken with the iPad.
 

Next we decided to play with my dollhouse

At that point, my siblings realized that I had a friend over, and they came thundering in from all directions to see who it was. Mackynzie looked really overwhelmed. I can't say I blame her. I introduced her to everyone.

Some of us decided to play a game together until Mackynzie's mom came to pick her up.


 I don't know if Mackynzie and I will ever be best friends, but I did have fun. Have you ever invited over someone you didn't like and wound up having fun?








1 comment:

  1. Salut, Samantha!
    I'm glad that you had a fun time with Mackynzie. I definitely agree with doing something nice for someone who isn't always the nicest. As Lilly always says, "Kill them with kindness!" I feel like people whom you don't necessarily like or people who don't like you HATE it when you're nice to them...but that's not a bad thing. It just shows that you're the bigger person.

    Actually, I used to hate Julien. This was when we were very, very young. After my mom invited him over to my house, we became very close friends. I realized he wasn't as wimpy as I had originally thought.

    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete